There are many career opportunities for youth that do not require university and school debt. For instance, apprenticeships have many advantages that are both practical and financial, such as gaining valuable work experience, while earning a competitive wage. Above all, at Trades for Tomorrow, we know how difficult the apprenticeship process can be regarding paperwork and finding an employer. In addition, our Specialists, Trades for Tomorrow can support apprentices with the following services:
- Assist in registering as an apprentice and coordinating administrative tasks
- Assess trainee to determine specific levels of support or training required
- Refer apprentices to support services, such as English as a second language training, or math training
- Assist “job-ready” apprentices with finding placements
- Manage apprentice’s journey ensuring skills in the trade are learned. In addition, skills are recorded during the apprentice’s time working.
- Provide an apprentice mentor to have an independent expert as a resource for problems that may arise on the job site
- Stay up to date and help apprentices apply for financial aid. For instance, applications or grants.
- Advocate on behalf of the apprentice with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development, the apprentice’s college, and the employers
- Liaise with employers and apprentices to improve relationships
- Provide exam preparation aid to prepare apprentices to complete the Certification of Qualification successfully
Click here to download Apprenticeship Quick Facts