Elementary School Education Program
To bring awareness of careers in the trades and opportunities open to young professionals.
This program is designed to provide young students with a fun, interactive, but informative session about what a career in the construction industry could look like. The purpose is to spark interest in the hands-on trades through group activities and a question-and-answer period.
To lead the next generation of the builder’s movement.
Discovery, Educate, Innovate, Impact, Inclusion, Teamwork
- a discussion and introduction to the trades
- a personal story about how and why the presenter entered the trades / has grown in the trades
- examples of different career paths one can take, including information sheets to take home to their families (i.e., a flow chart showing career options, estimated salaries, education required)
- placing the students into groups of 4 or 5, explaining how to play the board game “The Jobsite” (www.jobsitegame.com/ici-version), and giving them a time frame to complete the game with their group
- prizes for the winning students.